These muffins work every time. I can make them in 30 minutes from start to finish if I’m in a rush. The recipe is a base muffin recipe and you can add anything you like.
- 220g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup raw or coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (or dairy alternative)
- 3/4 cup olive oil (I’ve tried other oils and they don’t work as well
- 1 egg (or flax egg)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
You can stir-in anything you like, in any quantity you like. Here are some suggestions of our favourites:
- Dark Choc Drops
- Cacao & white yoghurt buds
- Rhubarb & coconut
- Raspberries & dark choc chips
- Sultanas and chia
- If using flax egg, make it first (3 tbsp ground flax/linseed + 1 tbsp water and let it sit).
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix together dry ingredients (except stir-ins) and make a well in the middle.
- Add wet ingredients into the well, and stir together. Slowly bring the flour into the mixture until fully combined.
- Add stir-ins.
- Spoon into muffin tin or silicon patty pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.